Smart Automobiles! Smart Manufacturing!
Mar 14-15, 2023
Jakarta Convention Centre
Steering Committee Member of AMTS Indonesia :
GAIKINDO (The Association of Indonesia Automotive Industries)
The High Potential of Indonesian Auto Market
While having the world's fourth-largest population, Indonesia only has 87 automobiles per 1,000 people. However, in a country where per capita income has been steadily increasing, car popularization is projected to occur shortly.
The COVID-19 pandemic hits the Indonesian auto market in 2020, resulting in a 45% total auto sales volume decrease compared to the previous year. However, as the Indonesian economy recovers, the annual auto sales volume in Indonesia is expected to exceed one million units in the next five years. The sales volume of MPVs and SUVs would grow steadily. In particular, with the stimulation of favorable policies, the sales of new energy vehicles are expected to surge sharply.
In July 2021, the Indonesian government released a road map for electric vehicle production with aggressive targets to produce 400,000, 600,000, and 1 million electric vehicles in 2025, 2030, and 2035, respectively.
The Significant Rise in Auto Production and Sales Driven by Favorable Incentives
According to a report from the Association of Indonesia Automotive Industries (GAIKINDO), Indonesia's sales volume of new cars reached 887,202 in 2021, an increase of 66.7% from 2020. Jongkie Sugiarto, the first chairman of GAIKINDO, said that the annual sales growth was closely related to the government's luxury goods sales tax (PPnBM DPT) policy, which created a strong impetus for production and sales. He predicted that the new automobile sales in Indonesia would remain around 900,000 units in 2022. Statistics show auto sales rebounding after the implementation of PPnBM, reaching about 80,000 units per month in the second half of 2021 and a peak of 96,000 units in December.
RCEP Facilitates Trade of Auto Parts Among Member Countries
The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (RCEP) came into effect on January 1, 2022, establishing the world's largest free trade area. Under the RCEP, zero tariffs will be applied to more than 90% of the region's goods commerce. This means that most automobiles will be freely exchanged among member countries. As the RCEP increases the trade of auto products among member countries, Indonesia is expected to become an important strategic market.
As China, Japan, and South Korea further their economic integration, the economic rim with Southeast Asia at the center will become a new core of economic growth in the future.
Seize Unprecedented Opportunities When They Come
At present, the essential equipment and technology of auto manufacturing in Indonesia have yet to be improved, with a considerable gap compared with the global level. In contrast, in countries with established auto industries, including China, Japan, and South Korea, the technical indicators of auto manufacturing equipment are already very mature. The demand for technology and equipment upgrading and transformation in Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries will bring huge business opportunities, making them an emerging market to become the next generation of production lines.
Be Present, Socialize, and Explore the Blue Ocean!
1、Meet with 500+ leaders in Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries in the field of vehicles and components
Interact face to face with guests from the government and vehicle and part producers in the field of intelligent manufacturing in Indonesia and other Southeast Asian countries to obtain a deeper understanding of their needs.
2、Join the lineup to share cutting-edge products and solutions with 20+ world-renowned engineering integrators
The forum will invite high-profile representatives from leading multinational companies, such as ABB, COMAU, Siemens, and FANUC, and well-known Asian enterprises, such as Automotive Engineering Corporation, MINO, JEE, Sinomach Foundry and Dalian Haosen, to share the most recent developments and applications of digital technology in auto manufacturing and electric vehicle technology.
3、Meetings, Interaction and Live Presentation
There are displays and booths where suppliers will present a panorama of technology case studies in auto engineering that support the development of the Indonesian auto market.
4、Exclusive Analysis of Indonesian Policies Supporting Auto Industry
Representatives from South Korea, Japan, and Indonesia government agency will explain Indonesia's auto sector support policies and tax incentives in detail.
5、Business Networking Dinner with Indonesian Auto Community
Join the upscale business networking dinner with the theme of "New Opportunities and Challenges in the Indonesian Auto Industry" to meet and socialize with top leaders in the community and explore future market opportunities.
Incisive Conference Sessions with Hot Topics:
* Applications of stamping, welding, and painting in auto manufacturing
* Development and applications of part machining technology in auto manufacturing
* Remote operation and maintenance management, and equipment preventive maintenance in auto manufacturing
* Development and applications of automation and robotics
* Advanced battery manufacturing technology for new energy vehicles
* Application of AR/VR technology in auto assembly
* Development and applications of digital technology in auto manufacturing
* IT trends in auto manufacturing in Southeast Asia
* Trends and practical applications of the Indonesian auto manufacturing industry
* Production line transformation and technology upgrading applications in auto manufacturing
Conference Topics and Rundown
Meet the Who’s Who in the Indonesian Automobile Manufacturing Industry
Organizations of Participants：
* Leaders of relevant government departments and auto industry organizations
* Renowned experts and scholars from auto research institutes and universities
* Technical, purchasing, and managerial representatives from auto manufacturing and part enterprises
* System integrators/equipment makers, tier-1 and 2 suppliers
* Local media journalists
Departments/Roles of Participants：
* OEM R&D centers/powertrain units/new energy units/sustainable development units
* Persons in charge of intelligent manufacturing technology and equipment
* Vice President/Vice Gm/Chief Engineer/Director/Department Head
* Manager/Section Head/Lead Engineer
* Planning/technology/manufacturing departments of equipment makers
* GM/director/manager of tier-1 and 2 suppliers
Tel ：+86 021-2231 7391
Tel：+62 8111 35 2611